The most challenging task for many new parents is to buy clothes for their growing babies. Yet it is a clear fact that there is a great choice of baby clothing available in the market. Designs and fabrics of different type make a baby clothing difficult for parents sometime. This problem can be solved by keeping some basic conditions in mind, Clothes should be comfortable. They should not have things that irritate your child. Your choice of baby clothing should also accordingly to her/his age. Don’t buy many clothes in one time for your baby as you know babies grow fastly.
Some useful tips for baby clothing have been given in the following lines, so that you may be able to buy clothes for your kid with perfect choice.
Tips on Baby Clothes
- The first and foremost point to remember is that clothes must be easy to carry for baby. They should not be uncomfortable and irritating.
- Try to buy clothes that have not buttons as they create problems for your child.
- Avoid buying such clothes that cannot be stretched as they would not be easier to wear and take off.
- Clothes that are adorned by lace can be irritating for baby as they can get their finger caught in the lace. So avoid such clothes.
- Clothes of rough stitching can never be comfortable for your baby.
- Clothes with front opening are easy to put on and take off the baby.
- Trousers or skirts should have elasticized waistbands and shoulder straps.
- Always prefer natural fibers.
- Buy such clothes that do not need ironing as babies are picked up by many people.
- Buy clothes that could be washed easily.
Basic Wardrobe for a Newborn
- 6-8 stretch suits (always buy according to weight not age)
- 2 nightgowns (comfortable and easy to put on and take off)
- 4 sleeveless vests, with poppers under the crotch
- 3 pairs of socks
- 3 cardigans (for winters)
- A sunhat and a light jacket (for summers)
- A warm hat, mittens and snow suit (for winters)